On-line Phillumeny Exhibition – all you need to know
- When is it? The Exhibition will run from 1st October to 31st October 2021
- What is it? The Exhibition will be a collection of phillumeny Exhibits which are held in a dedicated part of this web site. There will be an (on-line) Exhibition Catalogue, a Visitor Book, and Awards. We will run weekly guided tours (using Zoom), and there will be opportunities to talk with the Exhibitors
- What does an Exhibit look like? Each Exhibit will consist of up to 10 images together with a title, a description of the Exhibit and a biography of the Exhibitor. Here is an example Exhibit.
- Is there a closing date for submitting Exhibits? Yes, the closing date was 1st September 2021
- Is there a theme? Exhibits must be of phillumenistic material, but can be on any topic. Also, we would encourage Exhibits about “why I started collecting”
- Is this a temporary Exhibition? Yes, it will close on 31st October 2021, but we intend to include the Award winning exhibits in a Permanent Gallery on this web site
- Does this replace the physical Exhibitions? No, there will still be physical Exhibitions (when circumstances allow) but the On-line Exhibition could become an annual event if members like it
- How will it be advertised? We will use the magazine, web site and Instagram to advertise the Exhibition and encourage members to use their personal networks to spread the word
How do I take part?
Visit the Society web site during October – everybody is welcome to visit the Exhibition.
Members without internet access can hopefully could use a public-access facility (e.g. a library) to view the Exhibition.
So what do I need to do now?
- Put the dates in your diary and make sure you visit the Exhibition
We believe that this On-line Exhibition will be popular with our members, and also hope that it will attract new members to the Society. Please send any questions or suggestions to email@example.com or add your comments to this Blog.