- We are really excited to announce that we will be holding an On-line Phillumeny exhibition from 1st to 31st October 2021. You can find all the details here.
- When is it? The Exhibition will run from 1st October to 31st October 2021
- What is it? The Exhibition will be a collection of phillumeny Exhibits which are held in a dedicated part of this web site. There will be an (on-line) Exhibition Catalogue, a Visitor Book, and Awards. We will run weekly guided tours (using Zoom), and there will be opportunities to talk with the Exhibitors
- What does an Exhibit look like? Each Exhibit will consist of up to 10 images (minimum 300 dpi) together with a title, a description of the Exhibit and a biography of the Exhibitor. Here is an example Exhibit. Your photos should be all portrait or all landscape, not a mixture.
- Can I submit video Exhibits? Yes, short video exhibits are welcomed (up to 150 seconds)
- Who can Exhibit? We encourage all Society and affiliate members to submit Exhibits. Non-members can also exhibit, but will be charged £10 per Exhibit. The Organising Committee will review all submissions in order to curate a balanced, visually-attractive and enjoyable Exhibition. Exhibits need to be in English, but we are very happy to have dual-language exhibits also
- Is there a closing date for submitting Exhibits? Yes, 1st September 2021
- Is there a theme? Exhibits must be of phillumenistic material, but can be on any topic. Also, we would encourage Exhibits about “why I started collecting”
- Is this a temporary Exhibition? Yes, it will close on 31st October 2021, but we intend to include the Award winning exhibits in a Permanent Gallery on this web site
- Does this replace the physical Exhibitions? No, there will still be physical Exhibitions (when circumstances allow) but the On-line Exhibition could become an annual event if members like it
- How will it be advertised? We will use the magazine, web site and Instagram to advertise the Exhibition and encourage members to use their personal networks to spread the word
How do I take part?
Visit the Society web site during October – everybody is welcome to visit the Exhibition.
To exhibit in the Exhibition members with internet access are encouraged to use this on-line form to submit their Exhibits while members without internet access can submit Exhibits by post, and hopefully could use a public-access facility (e.g. a library) to view the Exhibition.
So what do I need to do now?
- Put the dates in your diary and start preparing your Exhibit(s)
- Keep an eye on this web site for the latest information. The final details about the Exhibition will also be included in the August magazine
- Make sure you get your Exhibits to us by 1st September 2021 – you can use this on-line form now
We believe that this On-line Exhibition will be popular with our members, and also hope that it will attract new members to the Society. Please send any questions or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or add your comments to this Blog.
The Swiss Match Museum (Schweizerisches Zündholzmuseum) has just announced that it will be holding an international phillumenist exhibition between 1st and 30th July 2021. Details can be found on the Exhibition web site here
We’re pleased to announce that due to the continued decrease of Covid numbers in the UK we have now provisionally booked Sheen Lane Centre, London for an all-day meeting on Sunday October 3rd more details here.