On-line Phillumeny Exhibition : 1st to 31st October 2021
There is not long to go now before we open the (virtual) doors of our inaugural On-line Phillumeny Exhibition, which will officially open at 09:00 UK time on Friday 1st October 2021. This is when you will be able to visit the Exhibition on our web site and start browsing.
We are absolutely thrilled with the quality of the Exhibits which members have entered, and feel they really do show the breadth and depth of our hobby – from bookmatches, labels, boxes and hardware to murder, war, fire and railways. It’s a good job the Exhibition is open for a month because there is lots of fascinating information to read and enjoy. Every Exhibit has a personal story, which is exactly what we set out to achieve.
Over the next month we will be making the final adjustments to the Exhibits, getting them ready for opening day.
We have arranged two Zoom Guided Tours of the Exhibition :
- Guided Tour 1 : Thursday 7th October at 19:30 UK time, where we will present the Exhibition to the public, and also have one or two Exhibitors on-hand to talk about their Exhibit
- Guided Tour 2 : Thursday 14th October at 19:30 UK time
We look forward to welcoming everybody to the Exhibition.
- When is it? The Exhibition will run from 1st October to 31st October 2021
- What is it? The Exhibition will be a collection of phillumeny Exhibits which are held in a dedicated part of this web site. There will be an (on-line) Exhibition Catalogue, a Visitor Book, and Awards. We will run weekly guided tours (using Zoom), and there will be opportunities to talk with the Exhibitors
- What does an Exhibit look like? Each Exhibit will consist of up to 10 images together with a title, a description of the Exhibit and a biography of the Exhibitor. Here is an example Exhibit.
- Is there a closing date for submitting Exhibits? Yes, the closing date was 1st September 2021
- Is there a theme? Exhibits must be of phillumenistic material, but can be on any topic. Also, we would encourage Exhibits about “why I started collecting”
- Is this a temporary Exhibition? Yes, it will close on 31st October 2021, but we intend to include the Award winning exhibits in a Permanent Gallery on this web site
- Does this replace the physical Exhibitions? No, there will still be physical Exhibitions (when circumstances allow) but the On-line Exhibition could become an annual event if members like it
- How will it be advertised? We will use the magazine, web site and Instagram to advertise the Exhibition and encourage members to use their personal networks to spread the word
How do I take part?
Visit the Society web site during October – everybody is welcome to visit the Exhibition.
Members without internet access can hopefully could use a public-access facility (e.g. a library) to view the Exhibition.
So what do I need to do now?
- Put the dates in your diary and make sure you visit the Exhibition
We believe that this On-line Exhibition will be popular with our members, and also hope that it will attract new members to the Society. Please send any questions or suggestions to email@example.com or add your comments to this Blog.